Just like a romantic relationship, the relationship between you and your clients is an ongoing relationship, an evolution. You probably won't find yourself saying things like “Okay, I know everything about you now so I can stop getting to know you.”
That's why I thought, with it being Valentine's Day, that it would be a great idea to give you my best tips for getting clients to fall in love and stay in love with you.
Let's get started.
There are a ton of perks to having clients who love working with you. There's the immediate confidence boost you feel, plus…
- They're more likely to refer you to other potential clients over and over again.
- They far more likely to renew with you year after year.
- When you raise your rates, they eagerly reinvest in themselves.
It's a win-win for everyone.
Here's something to think about to get new clients to fall in love with you:
Creating an atmosphere of trust makes it safe for them to be imperfect and to be vulnerable. But it also means holding them accountable so that they will reach their goals. You can do this by…
- Challenging them to create new goals.
- Reminding them why they wanted the change.
- Reminding them what will happen if they don't change.
Now, that they love working with you, here's how to get them to stay in love with your coaching…
Keep them inspired.
Inspired to grow, to face their fears, and to be challenged. This can feel tricky, especially when they think they've plateaued. When this happens, it may be time to revisit goals with them. This could also indicate some sort of block within you that needs to be cleared.
Here's are 3 great ways to infuse new inspiration into your sessions with your clients:
- Ask them to change their location for your sessions. (If they're cooped up in their office, it may make them feel restricted. Have them walk outside during your coaching call.)
- See them as their biggest, boldest versions of themselves. Tell them what you see. Then ask them to top what you came up with.
- Break up the monotony by asking them to do something they would never normally do.
Your clients are already amazing. They just need you to be their mirror.
Try these things out and let me know what happens for you and your clients. And, if you have your own way of getting clients to fall in love and stay in love with you, I'd love to hear it! Let me know in the comments below.
Happy Valentines Day!
You are loved, deeply loved.